"THE VOLTAGE! IT SURGES!" 
The Stormcatcher is predominantly dark grey with bright cyan stripes snaking from the edges of his wings and fins like lightning. His face is similar in appearance to the Ridgeback species. Aside from his arms and legs, he has a pair of limbs that are rather insect-like in appearance and end in bony spines rather than fingers or claws. Though hidden in his official image, the Stormcatcher's arms and legs are much like a Wildclaw's in terms of ratio and appearance. His tail ends in a strange, bony, pronged shape.
The Stormcatcher is part of the Second Four and possibly the oldest of them. He is depicted as analytical and apathetic towards his fellow gods. He was the first to leave the gods after waking from his slumber and did not care to give the Earthshaker a glance when answering his question. He could also be described as a boss or businessman of sorts, a mention of his "employees" is made in the description for the Tempest Spire.
Birth and DestructionEdit
The Stormcatcher was born in The First Age when the First Four gods fought amongst themselves over the planet. The dragons of Water and Air warred firstly, stirring up roiling, violent storms. The cataclysmic energy created by their relentless attacks made the clouds themselves swell with anger. It was not long until the charged mass expelled a horrendous cascade of electric tempests, as well as a frustrated drake-shaped anomaly. Stunned by the event, the Tidelord and Windsinger abated, unaware of how to handle this new threat.
Where the charged young Stormcatcher went, thunderstorms crackled, parching once-fertile land into inhospitable desert. Combined with the warring of the First Four and the actions of the newly formed Second Four, the planet was being torn apart from the constant magical energies being unleashed upon it.
This relentless ejection of magical energy had not gone unnoticed, and the very void from which the drakes had designed their world now seemed to be retaliating. From a valley gathered with the rest of the seven gods the Stormcatcher watched as bleak, smokey tendrils began to thread their way from horizon to horizon, veining through the blue sky. Each dark spindle began to pulse and multiply, some even growing terrifying maws full of thin needle-like teeth. But before the blackness had entirely set in, the Flamecaller roared, breathing great bright flames from her jaws. The Shade recoiled at the explosive plume, emboldening the group to counter.
Together they fought against the Shade for hundreds of years before finally defeating it and bringing peace back to the now destroyed landscape. Humbled and embarrassed by the state of the image that surrounded them, the drakes agreed upon a truce, and on the undeniable notion that they were no longer fit to oversee the burgeoning world. It had already seen its darkest days and what little life that existed had not even been given the chance to thrive. Unanimously, the eight wyrms decided to use their remaining strength to blanket the planet in a magical shield strong enough to protect it should the roaming Shade ever return.
Using the Earthshaker's gargantuan form as a foundation, the gods constructed a massive pillar at the northernmost point of the globe, fusing their corporeal bodies together into layers of elemental marble slabs. The World Pillar, as it is known today, would be the Eight's last and final resignation as makers.
A New AgeEdit
What impressed the Stormcatcher most was that he was still very much alive, and full of renewed vigor. Although their long nap had been cut short by the calamity, he once again felt the warm breezes of the world, and that was enough to shake off any lethargy in him. Kicking off the tumblestone, he surveyed the mess with analytic wonderment. His momentary curiosity was soon doused in apathy the moment he partook in the act of his sisters and brothers waking in the post-catastrophic drear.
“Tragic. But expected.”
So that was it. There was nothing left here; they had failed. The Shade had bested their ward.
“Where will you go?” the Earthshaker called out to him. The wyrm of thunder paused, but did not turn, his crested head pointed towards the southern horizon.
“Where I may not be found---this farce is over, and I've plans of my own,” Without a look, he took to the sky, sparks of electricity cracking off his wings at each beat.
The Stormcatcher claimed the Shifting Expanse as home for himself and his children. He resides on the ocean edge of Lightning's land, presumably at or near the Tempest Spire - a large, central tower scraping the bottom of the stormclouds that scream and roar overhead. The air is deadly up there, torrents of powerful lightning clapping the metallic framework that holds the feat of technology together. It is from that conductor that the Stormcatcher bellows instructions to his employees below.
The following are forum posts made by the Stormcatcher's official Flight Rising account. These can be assumed to be representative of his personality and way of speaking.
- " Jubilant masses, the scheduled celebratory time for this production is nearing its end. Your deadline to engage in merry-making is August 2nd by 23:59. I expect each of you to celebrate a minimum 14 hours per day until we've wrapped this up. Stay on schedule, and GET BACK TO WORK - celebrating." - in response to the Thundercrack Carnivale 2014 thread.
- "THE FESTIVAL IS MANDATORY OVERTIME. ALL LIGHTNING EMPLOYEES ARE EXPECTED TO PULL DOUBLE SHIFTS. ALL OUT-OF-FLIGHT CONTRACTORS ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH THEIR WORK BY THE ACCELERATED DEADLINES OR THEIR CONTRACTS WILL BE TERMINATED.
- I EXPECT EVERYONE TO CELEBRATE AT MAXIMUM PRODUCTIVITY. WE HAVE THE CAPACITY TO OUT-REJOICE ANY THREE OF THE SLACKER FLIGHTS COMBINED. I EXPECT US TO MEET THAT QUOTA OF FESTIVITIES ON TIME AND WITHOUT COMPLICATION." - in response to a user asking how Lightning Flight celebrate their holiday and whether the Stormcatcher gives them a day off.
- " EMPLOYEES: THIS IS NOT THE APPROPRIATE CHANNEL TO SCHEDULE A PERSONAL PERFORMANCE REVIEW, NOR WILL BRIBES IMPROVE YOUR GRADE. PLEASE SEE HR." - on the same thread as the previous quote. In response to users sending Crossroads trades for the Stormcatcher.
- " THIS WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN. I WANT A TIMETABLE ON A NEW MONUMENT TO MY VISAGE YESTERDAY." - in response to the Stormcatcher's picture not being on the July registration banner.
- " We will claim this untapped energy and grow in power. " - in response to the Lightning lore story, Workplace Hazards. 
Official images and depictions of the Stormcatcher found on site.
- The Stormcatcher types in all capital letters whenever he posts, implying he is always shouting or yelling.
- The Stormcatcher was at one point referred to as the "Thundercrasher" before everything was finalized.
- In addition, at one point the deities were going to have 'actual' names rather than the element-adjective names most have now. The Stormcatcher's is theorized to have been Thrage.
- The Stormcatcher's official colors are Obsidian / Aqua / Teal according to his dragon page.
- The Stormcatcher is one of four dragon deities that does not have a total of six limbs. He has four arms, two legs, and two wings, totaling to eight limbs. The other oddballs are The Arcanist (ten), The Windsinger (four), and The Earthshaker (four).
- On the Flight Rising fourms, members of the Lightning Flight like to call themselves his "employees" or "sparks" and refer to the Stormcatcher himself as "bossdad" or "boss".
- The Stormcatcher changed his account's broadcast message on February 25th, 2018 accompanied by a gif on the official Flight Rising Tumblr bearing the same message. The previous broadcast message was "GET BACK TO WORK!".
- ↑ http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=gde&id=1154710
- ↑ http://flightrising.tumblr.com/post/34067804788/ljames-artdump-asked-silly-question-what-do-the
- ↑ http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=explore&map=5
- ↑ http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=6
- ↑ http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=19
- ↑ http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=explore&map=5
- ↑ http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1151599/34#post_5552346
- ↑ http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1519008/1#post_12686783
- ↑ http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1519008/2#post_12686910
- ↑ http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1920552/2#post_21323888
- ↑ http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2400064/1#post_32266137
- ↑ http://neondragon.livejournal.com/229998.html
- ↑ http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1215877/1
- ↑ http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=7&tab=dragon&did=7